Friday, January 20, 2017

Five on Friday!

This week was a short one because of the holiday but the days seemed to draaag. Is it just me or does a short work day or week feel actually even longer than normal? I don't understand the logic behind this but it gets me every time.

ONE // Guys - Halo. Ice Cream. This stuff is a heaven-sent gift! For only 240 calories I can eat a whole pint of mint-chocolate chip ice cream, or I can "splurge" and have a whole pint of birthday cake for 280 calories. I didn't actually believe this at first but once I tried it I was hooked. The resemblance to normal ice cream is spot on.. put this in a dish and I wouldn't even know the difference (but actually you should just eat it out of the packaging because what's more satisfying than eating a whole pint of ice cream right out of the container?! Plus they're super cute). 

My parent's cat was curious about it as well



TWO // Okay so my new Young Living essential oils really warrant an entire post dedicated fully to my undying love to them. I am so excited to get really started with them. I need to purchase some roller balls/mixer containers and some coconut oil still to really experiment with them. Once I get the hang on them I will post an honest review.





THREE // Andy got a new tattoo last weekend at the Minneapolis tattoo convention and to be honest, the thought of him tattooing his forearm made me kinda nervous at first - but it ended up being my favorite tattoo of his ever. It's the lighthouse from his hometown, and the details in it are just amazing. Also it won first place in the contest at the convention!! 10 hours of tattooing paid off!





FOUR // It was my friend Emily's birthday last weekend so her, myself, and our other trio member Chelsea met up for a celebration dinner at Granite City on Monday night. Gosh we're getting old - where is the time going?? Weren't we just playing with dolls and prank calling the local walmart yesterday? Anyway I think GC might just be my favorite chain restaurant ever. I've never had a bad meal there!


FIVE // I've come to the conclusion that I simply am not a morning person, no matter what trick or strategy I try. Rolling out of bed every morning is a struggle. Oh how I wish I could be one of those people that spring out of bed 2 hours before they have to leave! Once I am up, I am fine - but the whole process to get my feet on the ground and my body into the bathroom feels impossible some days. Because of this I am thinking of getting one of those "Wake Up Lights" that stimulates the sunrise so that I can wake up gently and slowly. Honestly the worst part of the morning is turning on my light in my dark room - so I'm hoping this could help with that. I'm looking at this one here but if you have any suggestions - send them my way!


However - if this was how I woke up every morning than I think it would be possible for me to become a morning person ;)

The only thing getting me through work is knowing I have a workout, an extra large pizza, and a movie waiting for me - oh Friday you are wonderful.



6 comments:

  1. I just tried Halo ice cream for the first time this past week and was surprised at how good it was! That tattoo is super awesome! I love lighthouses, and how cool that he did the one from his hometown?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE do you get Halo ice cream?! I don't think I've ever seen it or heard of it! I'll have to check the grocery store the next time I go. The packaging is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy them at any healthy-foods store. You can also go here: https://www.halotop.com/where-to-buy/ and look up where the closest place to you is where it's available!

      Delete
  3. I would love to try that ice cream! I hope you have a great weekend :)

    Cathy Vargas
    Vintage Inspired Clothing
    http://www.vindiebaby.com/tops/outerwear.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to try Halo Top ice cream for so long! I looked it up, and I would have to drive 45 minutes to find a store that carries it. Worth it? Maybe.

    Glad you found me through the link up! We just moved to Florida from Minnesota 1.5 years ago, so I have a special spot in my heart for your neck of the woods. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halo Top is the best! I think Red Velvet is probably my favorite flavor out of all of them. Birthday Cake comes in second though. :) That tattoo looks so good & how awesome that he won first place for it! And I am totally feeling you on not being a morning person. I really TRY to get up earlier but it just never happens!

    ReplyDelete