Five on Friday | 6.1.17

Cheeers to the weekend! This week went by super fast - and I completely contribute that to the short week. Having Monday off was phenomenal and I snuck out a little early on Tuesday for a long overdo hair appointment.

Also, PSA - today is National Donut Day aka one of the best holidays ever invented! Tons of places are giving them out for free. 



Of course I couldn't not participate in this glorious holiday... :)


Let's get to it!


ONE // Once again, Andy nailed dinner for us this week. He grilled some deliciously marinated chicken, topped each with a slice of mozzarella cheese, avocado, and tomato - and then drizzled it with some balsamic. Healthy - yet satisfying!


TWO // Okay, how am I just getting onto the Parks and Rec train?? This show had me in actual tears last night from laughing too hard. I just can't get enough of Amy Poehler and her expressions. 



THREE // I tried a new workout class this week and celebrated with Jamba Juice after - although the protein smoothie I got sort of tasted like amoxicillin (remember that pink liquid medicine from when you were younger?!) so it was in the trash before I even finished and I swapped it out for some chips and salsa.. fair trade, right?




FOUR // On monday I prepped 6 salads for lunch, cut 6 kiwis and 1 cantaloupe, and made 6 graham cracker sandwiches (the best snack before a workout). So we were set for the week! I decided to make a sort of Asian themed salad, complete with peppers, onions, cucumbers, chicken, slivered almonds, and Trader Joe's spicy peanut vinaigrette. They were fantastic! And this dressing is a must-try for anyone who loves that Thai peanut flavor.  



FIVE // This weekend I'm going to a baby shower with my mom, having a BBQ with some of our friends, and prepping to go to Atlanta for work on Monday. Also, Andy leaves for Denver next Friday so I won't see him until the following week - thank God for facetime! ;)



6 comments

  1. Way to get that meal prep in! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grilled chicken is something I need to re-create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you come meal prep for me? Yours always look/sound so good! And holy cow does that chicken dish look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment on my site. :-) And, awesome idea about prepping salads for the week. I am going to try that this week!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at the chips and salsa instead of the smoothie--- that is so something I would do LOL> And your meal prep is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That dinner looks amazing! Andy deserves props! lol

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top