Weekending | Food & Bridal Shower

It was a hot weekend here in Minnesota, which is way more common than anyone thinks! We were outside majority of Saturday and Sunday, and I got some super not-awesome tan lines from wearing my hair in a low pony with a low back shirt.

Friday I packed up almost my whole life. My apartment is in complete shambles from all of the boxes and stuff everywhere, but I got so much accomplished and it felt great to haul three loads of stuff to Goodwill! I cannot wait to break in all of my new kitchen supplies I've been saving since December. I'm basically living out of a overnight bag the next 7 days. We are hoping to get almost all of the painting in the new place done on Saturday so we can start moving some things in Sunday and Monday. We rented a UHaul for next Tuesday so that's when all the big stuff will go. I can't wait!

On Saturday I drove back to my parents' and my mom and I met some friends for the Anoka Food Truck Festival. It was fun but way too hot to be out, and combined with all of the heat coming from the trucks it was slightly miserable. But we finally found a spot in the shade which made it a lot better. I had a gyro that was delicious and super large, and my mom and I split a salted caramel brownie with ice cream.. it was every bit of heavenly you could imagine.





 My mom and I also did a lot of shopping afterwards, and I was able to buy some new throw pillows for our couch and a leash for Bosco. My mom gifted us a gorgeous lamp - one that I've had my eye on for quite awhile!

On Sunday it was my friend Chelsea's first bridal shower. Her sister-in-law threw it and it was gorgeous. We brunched, sipped mimosas, played games, and watched her open some fabulous gifts.







Maids of Honor!






The Bridesmaids!


Oh and I spent a good portion of my weekend loving on this sweet baby girl. I love Harper time!




To end the weekend, I made 100+ cream cheese rose mints (!!!) for the bridal shower I'm hosting in a few weeks, and had a good home-cooked meal with my family. It was a perfect day.

Happy Monday!

No comments

Back to Top